Thursday, September 22, 2011

Donation Knitting

Many of our knitters and crocheters donate their projects to whichever organization they have a personal connection or passion for...Amy is one of those persons. Her story:

Trisha's Noah was born prematurely on 6/4/04 and passed away on 6/5/04. She bought this yarn to make a blanket to donate in his honor to Project Linus. She didn't crochet yet and started a knit pattern but it didn't go well. She tried a few times but it was put away for years. After I started knitting, we were talking about it and I told her I'd finish it for her. I got the yarn when we met in Chicago this summer. I had trouble with the pattern as it was, so with her permission, I frogged it and began anew. This blanket will be donated to our local Project Linus chapter and is in honor of him. It's Noah's blanket.



The blanket she's finished:

Photobucket

Photobucket


If you want to learn more about Project Linus, see our sidebar for a link directly to the organization.